This week has been difficult. I always wonder if I should continue this culinary journey. As of now both the catering scene and chef instruction are ultra slow. But, it is time to get out of this funk. I must cook and carry on! So that’s exactly what I did.
Yesterday was Easter, and guess who was the chef this year, you guessed correctly, it was yours truly. This year I wanted to lighten up dinner, but still have bold flavors and loads of color. Since I’ve found some gorgeous organic produce, I figured hey this will be perfect. This dish has beautiful golden beets, vibrant carrots, and is topped with caraway seeds.
Let’s get into this recipe.
Look at those golden beets and carrots, we have our olive oil, and caraway seeds.
Chopped and ready to roast.
Roasted Beets and Carrots
- 1.5 lbs of golden beets, trimmed, peeled, and diced into 1 inch wedges
- l lb. carrots, scrubbed, and cut diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 tablespoon of caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, garnish
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta goat cheese, garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss the beets, carrots, and garlic cloves with the caraway seeds, olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place tossed vegetables onto a large rimmed baking sheet, making sure that all of the vegetables are evenly distributed into a single layer.
- Roast the vegetables for about 20 to 25 minutes, making sure to toss them halfway in the cooking process.
- Once your beets and carrots are tender to the fork, garnish with parsley and cheese.
- Eat and enjoy warmed for your next meal!
As always, let me know in the comments if you tried this quick and easy recipe!
With peace and love,
The Shy Girl.