I have been craving sugary baked things these last few days. Plus, I’ve felt like this was a treat-yourself-because-you-deserve-it type of week. I have started apprenticing and learning the ropes in a professional kitchen. Trying to get all of this culinary experience under my belt. This is a leap, I won’t lie, I miss teaching full-time, but I also know that running my own culinary/catering business is what’s in the cards for me.
Back to the deliciousness that are these cookies! When I tell you all, I had an intense craving for a Snicker’s bar, it hit me to make these sinful decadent cookies. Fair warning, THESE ARE NOT A HEALTH FOOD, so if you are looking for a healthy cookie, this is not the recipe. But let me tell you, the few calories for your cheat day are oh so worth it!
Now let’s stop playing and find out more about the cast of characters in these.
As you can see, I had a MASSIVE 4-lb bag of chocolate chips (BJ’s, Restaurant Depot, and I have all become friends since I’ve started this catering journey), some caramels, and vanilla. Forgot to picture, about 3-lbs of roasted and salted peanuts.
Fast forward, I creamed butter, sugar, and eggs together, added the flour, baking soda, vanilla, chocolate chips, and crushed peanuts.
I cut the caramels in half and scooped some dough and placed the caramel in the middle.
Rolled those little angels into a ball and placed them into the oven to bake. Let me tell you butter, sugar, and chocolate baking, you can never go wrong.
Out of the oven to rest on a wire rack. These cookies were just waiting for a glass of milk.
Caramel Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons warm water
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups chopped roasted and salted peanuts
- 18 unwrapped and halved caramel candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour and the salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars until smooth in texture. Beat in eggs one at a time until they are well incorporated. Then, stir the vanilla into the mixture.
- Add the flour and baking soda mixture to the butter mixture. Stir until the dough is combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and the peanuts.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoon-size balls of dough and press in a caramel candy half into the center of each dough ball and place on baking sheet.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, about 11-14 minutes (I baked mine for about 12).
- Take the cookies out of the oven, let them rest on baking sheet for about 5 more minutes (this is so the caramel won’t ooze everywhere).
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat and Enjoy!
Let me know in the comments below if you tried them!
With peace and love,
The Shy Girl.